The tech news this week is all over the place from policeman ditching notepads for iPhones to drones helping in the fight against coronavirus. Listen to find out what you need to know about the news and get some great tips and picks along the way.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
- Iowa Caucus and mobile voting (00:55)
- Dave’s Eufy Scale, Nate’s Eufy Robot Vacuum (03:00)
- Google Maps getting a redesign and new features (03:30)
- Overcast gets Voice Boost 2 (05:15)
- Spotify is buying Bill Simmon’s the Ringer podcast business (07:50)
- Tesla stock surges (09:20)
- Shopping via smart speakers is not taking off (11:00)
- Eliot, Super Bowl commercials in Australia (12:55)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Turn off Netflix autoplay trailers (15:55)
- New CarKey feature shows up in new iOS betas – Apple adding the option for universal purchases between iOS, tvOS, and macOS (19:15)
- China deploys drones to scold citizens about Coronavirus – The affect of Coronavirus on tech (22:20)
- NYPD ditching memo pads for iPhone app (24:30)
- Amazon reveals new details about Federal Taxes in response to critics (26:20)
- Bonus Odd Take: Artist creates traffic jams in Google Maps with a wagon full of phones (30:45)
- Picks of the Week:
- Ramazon™ purchase (39:05)
- Check out the Notnerd YouTube channel for great videos
- Leave an iTunes Review and be featured on the Podcast
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.