Try to say Backblaze three times fast, listen this week to hear Nate butcher it many times while talking about our favorite computer backup service. We discuss plenty of interesting tech news this week, and some not so interesting, and we will tell you why. As always, stick around to the end for our picks of the week and the listener random Amazon purchase of the week.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Apple highlights the best photos shot on iPhone around the world (01:00)
- Chartable discusses survey on podcast listening (02:45)
- Huawei Mate X foldable phone review (05:25)
- Cellebrite phone hacking devices showing up on eBay (07:40)
- Cryptowatch: CoinHive shutting down (08:40)
- Uganda’s social media tax pushed 2.5 million off the internet (10:50)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Turn off desktops and document iCloud sync on your Mac to free up space. (11:55)
- The secret lives of Facebook moderators in America (16:50)
- Parenting: How does screen time affect grades (19:05)
- More money spent on vinyl and CDs than music downloads, streaming is king (20:55)
- America’s cities are running on software from the ’80s (23:00)
- Backblaze hard drive stats for 2018 – Get Backblaze now (25:35)
- Security/Privacy: Nope
- Bonus Odd Take: Energizer P18K Pop is a smartphone with a lot of battery (28:50)
- Picks of the Week:
- Random Amazon purchase (34:45)
- Leave an iTunes Review and be featured on the Podcast
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.