While some tech podcasts are wrapping up for the year we continue to bring you great content all the way through. Tech news might be slowing down but we have some great tips and recommendations as always.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Dave saves an old Mac Pro (01:00)
- iOS 12.1.1 saved Tyler’s dad’s FaceTime frustrations (03:30)
- iPhone XR upgrade reminder (04:30)
- Meet in the Middle (06:40)
- SnapShot home blood testing service in the UK (08:10)
- Super Micro says review found no malicious chips in motherboards (11:15)
- Google Lens launches on iOS to power visual searches within the Google app (12:15)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: How to turn off calls going to iPad (13:55)
- Robinhood announces banking/checking – Update: Robinhood changes the name of cash management service (16:30)
- YouTube Rewind 2018 is officially the most disliked video on YouTube (19:30)
- New Amazon Alexa-compatible Echo wall clock displays ongoing timers (22:30)
- Vitaminwater is offering $100K if you can stay off smartphones for a year (24:00)
- Not news: Morgan Stanley says flying cars will be a $2.9 Trillion industry in 20 years (25:30)
- Security: Facebook bug let apps access unposted photos for millions of users – Check your account (27:40)
- Google+ bug exposes non-public profile data for 52 million users (30:05)
- Bonus Odd Take: Puma reissues its nerdiest show ever, the RS-Computer (31:00)
- Picks of the Week:
- Leave an iTunes Review and be featured on the Podcast
- Random Amazon purchase (42:45)
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff (46:05)
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.