Facebook was all over the news this week good and bad. We cover that but also get to all the other important tech stories of the week. We also upped our game on Pro Tips (ding) this week to help you tech better. Stick around to the very end for maybe the best post-credits clip yet.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Gramps (00:50)
- Microsoft tech support scam – again (02:15)
- Black Friday Guide – Apple’s Holiday Return Policy (07:40)
- Microsoft re-releases Win 10 October 2018 update (10:05)
- Cryptowatch: (10:20)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Move apps from screen to screen in iOS by swiping (13:10)
- Verizon now lets you use up to five numbers on your phone (15:25)
- Facebook (18:30)
- A new bill would hit robocallers with up to a $10K fine for every call (23:10)
- Waymo to start first driverless car service next month – Ford partners with Walmart and Postmates to test autonomous grocery delivery (25:20)
- Woman remotely wipes phone in evidence after shooting (26:45)
- Duplicate Contacts Pro Tip (28:15)
- Security: Who are period-tracking apps really built for? (30:10)
- Bonus Odd Take: Kickstarter: Da Vinci’s Drawmaton (34:10)
- Picks of the Week:
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff (45:10)
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.