Dave and Nate have a great time talking about technology this week. Some good, some weird and some bad, keep up with the wild world of tech and learn how to use it better.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- RIP Stan Lee, creator of superheroes (00:45)
- Pokémon GO made $73 million in October, up 67% from last year (02:40)
- Lime issues global recall of one model of scooters (03:30)
- Ford buying e-scooter company Spin (05:00)
- Alibaba sold almost $31B worth of goods during Single’s Day event (06:45)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Select and move words in iOS (09:15)
- Samsung (kind of) unveils a foldable smartphone that fits in your pocket (11:55)
- What the newly revised copyright law lets (and doesn’t let) you do with your gadgets (14:45)
- Yongnuo’s YN450 runs Android and supports Canon lenses (17:20)
- Amazon inks deal to sell new Apple products like XR, XS, and iPad Pro (21:00)
- How to get free shipping with Amazon, Walmart, and Target for the Holidays (22:00)
- Security: Security flaw in DJI’s website and apps exposed accounts to hackers and drone live feeds (24:40)
- Bonus Odd Take: Why are humans suddenly getting better at Tetris? (25:50)
- Picks of the Week:
- Support Notnerd on Patreon and get cool stuff (35:10)
- Leave an iTunes Review and be featured on the Podcast (35:45)
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.