Another jam-packed episode with tech news you need to know. Nate spends some time talking about his new Apple gear, but we also dig into how iOS 12 helps many years of devices. Amazon released a ton of new products, and a big online retailer had a data breach (shocking). Tune in for this and more about what is going on in the world of technology.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Nate’s new Apple Gear (01:00)
- Apple’s “Lost/Stolen” protection loophole (03:15)
- Apple Watch Edition has been discontinued – also iPhone SE (03:35)
- Dave’s Pro Tip of the Week: Upgrading to a new OS (07:55)
- Check for incompatible software
- Restore from backup or upgrade in place
- What’s the difference between a backup and an archive? (12:50)
- Amazon released a ton of new Alexa products this week. (14:15)
- East Africa is experimenting with drone technology to improve infrastructure (17:40)
- Google remotely changed the setting on a bunch of phones running Android Pie (20:15)
- Best of iOS 12 – support back to iPhone 5s (21:40)
- Security: Hackers stole customer credit cards in Newegg data breach (31:30)
- The effectiveness of publicly shaming bad security (32:30)
- Bonus Odd Take: Do these buttons actually work? (33:00)
- Picks of the Week:
- iTunes Review of the Week (42:30)
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.