Even in the middle of summer, there is plenty of tech news to keep up with. Dave’s favorite MoviePass is in trouble, but so is his least favorite, Facebook. We also cover some great tips that will help you understand web browsing on your computer a little better. There are also some warnings about how to keep your data safe.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Tech Story: Dave’s drone video, Facebook Lockout/Scam (00:30)
- The best selfie sticks according to Digital Trends (06:00)
- E-scooter permits have been granted in Portland (08:30)
- MoviePass has to borrow money to buy tickets (09:50)
- Apple identifies and fixes the thermal bug in new MacBook Pro (13:35)
- Google is now marking sites unsecure (14:15)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Website Notifications, the good and bad (15:05)
- Facebook just suffered its worst day ever (22:00)
- Apple iPhones trail Samsung and Google phones in internet speeds (24:40)
- iPhone X sets a new record for resale value, averaging 85% of the retail price (28:00)
- Clever scam based on your old passwords and browsing history (29:35)
- Lifelock reportedly exposed customer email addresses (32:20)
- Google eliminated phishing for employees with physical security keys (34:20)
- NSA hasn’t implemented post-Snowden security fixes according to audit (37:20)
- Hard drive stats for Q2 2018 from Backblaze, sign up for Backblaze (38:30)
- Windows 10 test feature might actually update at a convenient time (42:15)
- How Microsoft fixed the worst thing about product packaging (43:55)
- Picks of the Week:
- Leave us an iTunes review (56:05)
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.