Due to a non-technical issue, this episode is a little late but still timely (besides the two stories that have been updated). We cover all the best technology news and give you plenty of tips to use and understand technology better.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better. We’re also looking for your ProTips and Picks of the Week.
Show Notes and Links:
- Tech Story: A warning to photographers from Nate (02:15)
- Errors and Omissions: Correction from Tim for Episode 134 about Firebase databases (06:20)
- Apple celebrates world emoji day (07:00)
- Prime Day starts with some issues, and dogs – Amazon sold more than 100 million products on Prime Day (08:05)
- MacBook Pro Updates – Austin Mann’s review – Consistent Tech Slow Computer PDF – I9 processor throttling issues update: Fixed (11:00)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Fitbit without a Fitbit device (16:25)
- From Jared: Amazon debuts Part Finder to find which parts they need to sell you (19:20)
- Google Chrome will put an unsecured label on sites in September – update: Now (21:00)
- Google fined $5 billion by EU for antitrust violations (23:30)
- Kapwing is Adobe for the meme generation (26:30)
- Facebook is testing Augmented Reality ads in the timeline (30:50)
- Roku wants to improve your smart tv experience with wireless speakers Interview on VergeCast (31:40)
- Uber partners with Cargo for snacks during your ride (34:15)
- Picks of the Week:
- Dave – McDonalds and other food apps – PDXFastFoodie.com (36:45)
- Nate – Fugetek FT-568 Professional High End Selfie Stick Monopod, For Apple, Android, Gopro, DLSR Cameras, Removable Wireless Bluetooth Remote (Black) (41:30)
- Leave us an iTunes review (48:05)
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.