We discuss the possibilities of a Notnerd movie, based on some short film stories this week. Samsung is having some issues again, Twitter is cleaning house, and China is making laser guns. Plus, if you want to help fight crime from your couch, we have the solution for you.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
Show Notes and Links:
- Delivering Amazon packages to the top of the world (01:15)
- Uganda’s leader defends social media tax, they are also working on banning VPN apps, Episode 131: Facebook is Listening, PatricksChildren.org (03:17)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Command Shift V, Control Shift V (05:25)
- Chinese company claims its ‘laser AK-47’ can set you on fire from a half mile away (07:35)
- A bug in Samsung’s default texting app is sending random pics to other people (09:15)
- Samsung sees a huge drop in high-end smartphone sales (11:20)
- Timehop had a major security breach (13:40)
- Some 3rd party email apps like Edison let employees read user emails (14:45)
- Twitter swept out 70 million fake accounts in June (15:40)
- Facebook shutting down 3 apps you probably haven’t heard of (16:30)
- How to fight crime with your television (18:05)
- AI-generated short film created in 48 hours (22:40)
- Apple posts 3 brilliant short films about soccer, all #ShotoniPhone (25:05)
- Mobile phone filmmakers (26:20)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.