We spend the first 20 minutes of the episode discussing Nate’s trip to Uganda and mostly the technology experience both traveling and while there. After that we get right back into the tech news and tips you need to tech better!
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
Show Notes and Links:
- Nate’s trip to Uganda with www.PatricksChildren.org (01:00)
- International Flights
- Tech in Uganda
- Documenting the trip
- Kids Around the World that Dave mentioned
- Planet Money “Amazon vs Trump Goes Postal” (21:40)
- MoviePass revives its unlimited plan (22:55)
- Apple releases their quarterly earnings, iPhone X sales strong (25:50)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Configuring Control Center on iOS (29:25)
- SmugMug buys Flickr, vows to revitalize the photo service (33:25)
- Snapchat plans to test unskippable six-second ads (35:35)
- T-Mobile and Sprint are merging for $26.5 billion (36:00)
- Twitter bug left passwords unmasked in logs (38:00)
- World Password Day (38:40)
- Ming-Chi Kuo, top Apple rumor finder, leaves the job (39:55)
- Amazon is raising the price of Prime by $20/year (42:00)
- Apple’s podcasts just topped 50 billion all-time downloads and streams (43:25)
- Google is working on a new podcast strategy (45:40)
- Facebook holds F8 developers conference (46:00)
- Google has another new chat option (47:35)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.