This episode is full of great tips and informative bits from the world of technology. We touch some more on Facebook’s privacy issues, Apple’s education event, and Uber’s woes. Stick around until the end for a fun game and interesting augmented reality app in our picks of the week.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
Show Notes and Links:
- Nate’s tech-related vacation observations (00:30)
- What 3 words, not 3 Little Words (05:20)
- Uber’s self-driving cars struggled to make it 13 miles without an issue (05:55)
- Google Lens in Google Photos (07:20)
- Elon Musk deletes himself and companies off Facebook (09:15)
- Facebook quietly pauses all-new app and bot reviews (10:45)
- Facebook accused of keeping call data on Android (11:45)
- Education Event Follow up – Canvas podcast #57 (13:15)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Emergency bypass, custom ringtones for contacts (16:05)
- Arbtr – share less, share better Kickstarter (19:30)
- Ketchup Slices – Dave likes Portland Ketchup (22:15)
- Apple releases iOS 11.3 (24:18)
- Chinese police foil drone-flying phone smugglers at Hong Kong border (26:00)
- Apple just proposed 13 new emojis with disabilities (27:50)
- The city of Atlanta hit with ransomware (29:00)
- Boeing reportedly hit by Wannacry ransomware (32:00)
- Not News: Vlad Savlov with a earbuds ‘review’ (32:55)
- Announcing 18.104.22.168: the fastest, privacy-first consumer DNS service (34:40)
- What is the GDPR? (40:15)
- HQ Trivia lands Warner Bros. for a $3 million ad deal and $250K jackpot (44:10)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.