March is officially becoming #TryPod month! Top podcasters in all genres are joining forces to encourage their listeners to spread the word about podcasts. The goal is to share their stories of why they listen and their favorite podcasts using the hashtag #TryPod.
According to Edison Research as of early 2016 only about 20% of Americans listen to podcasts on a regular basis. Most people just don’t know where to start and what to listen to. Which better way for them to learn than to be educated by their podcasting listening friends.
If you listen to podcasts why not find a friend or two to get setup this month and show them the ropes. Get on the social medias and talk up the podcasts you enjoy, like Notnerd!
Podcasts are great for many reasons:
- Most of them are free!
- There is a podcast for just about everything, usually several, so you can find ones that you want to listen to.
- You can listen to them on your time. Pause, rewind, skip, delete, you are in control.
- Laughing, crying, learning, forgetting, sleeping, whatever you’re in the mood for, it’s there.
- You can subscribe in iTunes(Mac) or the Podcasts app(iPhone/iPad) and then when a new episode comes out it is waiting for you on your phone. On Android you can use the Google Play Music app to find most of them.
I have a podcast problem… There are just too many good podcasts, I subscribe to over 100 and listen whenever I can. I love all kinds too, tech, comedy, business, interview, celebrity.Nate
Here are just some of the podcasts/publishers that are participating in #TryPod:
- American Public Media
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- CBS Radio
- Feral Audio
- First Look Media
- Gimlet Media
- Hot Pod
- The New York Times
- Night Vale Presents
- Pacific Content
- Pineapple Street Media
- PopUp Archive
- Public Radio stations including WHYY, WXPN, Louisville Public Media, South Dakota Public Broadcasting, WFIU, WDET, Montana Public Radio, WAMU, WJCT, WESA, Southern California Public Radio, Vermont Public Radio, Wyoming Public Media, WFUV, KCUR, KQED, WSHU, WUNC, WILL, KPBS, New Hampshire Public Radio and more.
- Quick and Dirty Tips
- The Ringer
- This American Life/Serial
- WNYC Studios
Here are just some of the celebrities/personalities you will hear promoting #TryPod this month to more than 100 million people via podcasts, videos and social media:
Scott Aukerman, Dave Baehler, Guy Raz, Anna Sale, Bill Simmons, Tracy Clayton and Heben Nigatu, Meghna Chakrabarti, David Ridgen, Kulap Vilaysack, Buster Olney, Jenna Wortham, Josh Clark and Chuck Bryant, The Sklar Brothers, Sook-Yin Lee, Paul F. Tompkins, Michael Barbaro, Nate Heath, Wendy Zukerman, Marc Maron, Manoush Zomorodi, Stassi Schroeder, Kai Ryssdal and Molly Wood.