Nate and Dave were so excited about all the tech this week they could barely pronounce words or put them into correct sentences. Plenty of stuff going on in the world of tech right now and we are bringing you the stories that are important and picking apart the ones that aren’t.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
Show Notes and Links:
- 119 App Challenge and Notnerd giveaway, Join in on the fun! (00:20)
- Facebook-owned Onavo quietly launches Bolt App Lock. – It is now removed and was “just a test” (04:15)
- MoviePass CEO proudly says the app tracks your location before and after movies (06:20)
- WordPress is now 30% of the web – ConsistentTech.com (09:40)
- On Twitter, the lure of fake news is stronger than the truth (17:20)
- 70% of Netflix viewing happens on TVs (19:40)
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Reviews are coming in (22:45)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Special Guest discusses Google Chrome task manager (25:55)
- Amazon Alexa report of creepy laughing (32:15)
- Alexa briefly lost its voice (35:35)
- Security: Israeli company Cellebrite says they can unlock any iPhone (36:20)
- Facebook’s tracking of non-user ruled illegal again (40:10)
- Oculus Rift VR devices stopped working due to an expired certificate (42:00)
- Flash usage declines from 80% in 2014 to under 8% today (42:45)
- HQ Trivia raises $15 million to become the next TV (44:20)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
- Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
- Notnerd Facebook
- Email – info@Notnerd.com
- Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.