Well, the tech companies all reported their holiday quarter earnings this week, and the big ones are making lots of money. We talk about the Super Bowl, the flamethrowers are all sold out, and Facebook thinks it knows what is best for us. Stick around to the end for some great apps in the picks of the week.
Make sure to join the Notnerd Facebook Group and let us know how you tech better.
- Hulu’s Super Bowl stream fails during final moments of game (01:00)
- Elon Musk sold all 20,000 flamethrowers (03:30)
- The Grammy’s viewership decline and the future (04:45)
- Trackr lays off staff (06:40)
- CryptoWatch: Facebook is banning all ads promoting cryptocurrencies (08:45)
- Dave’s Pro Tip o’ the Week: Working with photos in iMessage for iOS devices (Some of these tips were found in the “Mastering Messages” section of the tips app) (11:10)
- Apple Holiday Quarter Earnings (16:40)
- Not News: Facebook says it will push more local news stories into your News Feed (17:15)
- 1 million North Americans “ditched” Facebook last quarter (18:40)
- Suckerberg says showing fewer viral videos reduced the total time people spent on Facebook by ~50M hours every day (19:40)
- Google removed over 700K bad apps from play store in 2017 (20:30)
- Three Minutes – A Short Film by Peter Chan – Apple (23:20)
- ‘Human uber’ lets you pay someone to live your life for you (25:50)
- You can now use Alexa to send SMS messages (27:18)
- Mario Kart Tour coming to smartphones (28:05)
- Stop blaming Apple and the responsibility for tech addiction (29:15)
- Amazon, Berkshire, JP Morgan partnering for healthcare (30:35)
- Not News: The publisher of Newsweek and the IBT is buying traffic and engaging in ad fraud (32:30)
- Not News: Apple Store experience from hell – Vector podcast on topic (34:40)
- Picks of the Week:
As always, thank you for listening!
Brought to you by #OneBackupIsNoneBackup
Shop Amazon: Amazon.Notnerd.com
- Twitter – @N0tnerd, Nate – @NetBack, Dave – @DavyB
- Notnerd Facebook
- Email – info@Notnerd.com
- Call or text 608.618.NERD(6373)
If you would like to help support Notnerd financially, mentally or physically, please contact us via any of the methods above. Consider any product/app links to be affiliate links.